Alliance Cancer Programs, the impact in the community:
- ACS has improved quality of life for individuals, their families, and their local communities.
- Breast and cervical education on one-to-one and in a group session to over 35.000 individuals.
- Increased the number of Hispanic women screened for breast cancer from 49.4% in 2007 to 74% in 2017: facilitated referrals for over 26.000 mammograms and clinical breast exams: identified 63 cases of breast cancer.
- Provided over 4.000 free transportation services and over 9.000 free interpretation services.
- Created “Triunfadoras”, the only Hispanics Cancer Support Group in the State of Utah with the largest Hispanic Cancer Survivors network.
- Enrolled over 1.000 individuals for health insurance through the Affordable Care Act.
- Participated in over 3.000 educational presentations, workshops, classes, health fairs and other special events.